2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup milk (add more when necessary)
1 full cup of plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp butter
1. Whisk the egg, sugar and milk into a large bowl.
2. Once whisked, add the vanilla extract and stir into the mixture well.
3. Gently sift in the flour, baking powder & salt all together into the same bowl.
4. Prepare the frying pan by pre-heating the stove at a low heat. Add butter and a little bit of olive oil for a golden finish.
5. Use a clean gravy boat or milk jar to help pour the mixture into the most perfect circle you can get it onto the pan.
6. At this point, add your chocolate chips (of any kind you like) and place them flat on the gently frying pancake.
7. Seeing open bubbles on the pancakes is a good indicator that the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Once you see a few, proceed to flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes to ensure its cooked thoroughly.
8. Once its ready, gently remove them from the pan and serve them with whipped cream, icing sugar & fruit of your choice (optional).
9. Enjoy! Xx