Happy December 1st, everyone! Party season is here and so I thought why not start of the festive looks with one that I have been obsessing over recently. A glitz glam smokey eye inspired by model, Bella Hadid created by makeup artist, Hung Vanngo.
This look is quite dramatic although, something I liked about the eyes in particular was that it focuses on the depth and contrast of the outer edge – as opposed to a full, closed-off black smokey eye. It really gives you the opportunity to brighten up your eyes and create that jewel tone brightness effect with the sharp placements of shimmery silver eyeshadow.
So, for anyone who’s not into black smokey eyes but would like to start incorporating more black eyeshadows into slightly dramatic looks, this is a great option to try out! All you’re doing is spending time on building and defining your eyes with black eyeshadow right onto the crease of your eyes, as if you’re expanding the width of eyeliner. This will make your eyes stand out and appear more feline.
Since the shape of the eye look is very distinct and defined, I opted for a more flawless base and made sure to create a golden glow that complemented the cool-toned eyes with my skin tone. I used my trusty lip balm trick mixed in with a little bit of a coppery/golden highlighter from Sleek’s contour palette in Medium to achieve this result.
– PRODUCTS USED –
- FOUNDATION: L’Oréal Infallible Total Cover Foundation, 33 Cappuccino & Primark My Perfect Colour Foundation (only in stores)
- CONCEALER: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in ‘Cool Tan’ (Selectively applied faintly onto the highest points of the face.)
- EYEBROWS: Any Light Brown Brow Gel (Whenever I’m doing a dramatic look, I like to brush up my brows with a lighter brow gel to soften the face, allowing most of the attention to go to the eyes.)
- FACE POWDER(S): KIKO Green Me Bronzing Powder in Raw Sienna 02 & RCMA No Color Powder in ‘Translucent’
- BLUSH: Sleek Blush Trio Palette in ‘Sugar’ or ‘Pumpkin’ which is also similar
- BRONZER/CONTOUR: NIP&FAB Contour Palette in ‘Orange’
- HIGHLIGHT: Sleek Contour Palette in ‘Medium’
- EYESHADOW PALETTE (Silver glitter): Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette using ‘ICED’
- BLACK EYESHADOW: NARS X Andy Warhol Debbie Harry Palette
- LIP BALM (used as ‘face gloss’): Vaseline Lip Balm
- LIPSTICK: Makeup Revolution lipstick in Triumph from their ‘Renaissance’ Collection
- LIP GLOSS/BALM: Burberry Beauty Lip Balm in Coral Glow No.02
Hope this look gives you some festive makeup inspo! Be sure to let me know in the comment section below what you think. Is this something you’d rock for an event like New Year’s Eve? Or would you rather prefer something like a classic smokey eye? I’m just curious 🙂
Random thought: I really can’t believe how close we are to the new year it’s just… lol but anyways.
Thank you all so much for stopping by The Belper!
lots of love,