I chose to do this makeup look simply because I’m a lover of 60s eye looks. However, this one carries elements of futurist vibes to it. Only fitting I dedicate this look to NYE as I’d only ever wear such a daring makeup for this occasion lol.
This sharp, bold, dramatic eye look is perfect for NYE! The main focus is all on the eyes, so I’ve put together a step by step guide on how you can achieve this intense look with any eyeshadow colour of your choice.
EYE LOOK: STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Since this look is dramatic and defined, I would recommend starting with the eyes first, then base later to prevent fall down. In that case, start on the brows with a light hand, you can always darken them if needed when the eyes are complete. Cover the lids with a thin layer of concealer or foundation to blank out the canvas of your eyes.
- Next, take a creamy black kohl Pencil and map out a line as if you’re outlining a thick cat eye, creating a > shape on the outer corner of your eye slightly above the crease of your lids. This doesn’t have to be perfect btw.
- Once that’s applied, grab the darkest shade of your main eyeshadow (in my case, a dark turquoise/green) and pat it right on top of the liner you applied and blend slightly downwards onto your eyelids.
- Next, take your favourite black liquid eyeliner and with a sturdy hand, create the same > shape on the outer corners of your eyes and follow through right above the crease. (Use the previous lines you made with the pencil as a stencil to get that sharp look.
- Once that’s dried, apply a lighter colour of your main eyeshadow (in my case, a light green shade) right onto the eyelids but stopping midway – only focusing on the inner corners of the eyes.
- You can intensify the look by applying black eyeshadow, underneath where you placed the liner, but this step is optional.
- Lastly, pick up a flat synthetic brush with some concealer and slowly clean up the edges of the liner to really get that sharp finish.
- Apply your blackest mascara or falsies, whichever works for you and you’re done!
I went for a more flawless look but with a natural approach. This is simply achieved by buffing in your favourite foundation, gently spot concealing with a pot concealer, highlighting and contouring with cream products and setting the face with a good face powder.
- Palette – Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette, (and a bunch of other random, discontinued green eyeshadows I found stashed in my makeup drawer ^-^)
- Mascara – E.L.F. Lengthening Mascara
- A black kohl pencil
- A liquid liner
- Foundation – L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Cappuccino
- Concealer – M.A.C. Select Cover-Up Concealer in NW45
- Contour/Bronzer – Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Chestnut
- Face Powder – RCMA No Color Powder
- Concealer Powder – L’Oreal True Match Powder
- Blush – Sleek Bronze Block in Dark
Tinted Lip balm and a dab of a warmly toned concealer!
I hope you all have a wonderful and safe NYE on Sunday! I wish you all greatness as we walk into 2018 filled with happiness and gratitude!
Thank you all so much for stopping by The Belper!
Lots of love,