I made Christmas scones! Pretty much the only Christmassy thing about these scones is that I used a star shaped cutter instead of a round one… However I do feel that with this simple recipe comes the opportunity to personalise, share and enjoy what you’ve created!
Here’s my method on how I made Christmas scones 😊
Ingredients/What you’ll need:
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
- 55g/2oz butter
- 25g/1oz demerara sugar
- 150ml/5fl oz milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees.
- Mix the flour and salt together then rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thickness.
- Use a 5cm/2min your cutter of choice, (in this case I used one shaped in a star) to stamp out all your dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a bit of milk for a gloss finish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden.<<<<
on a wire rack and serve with butter, some jam and maybe some clotted cream – personalise it and make it your own! 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by The Belper!
Lots of love,