Perfecting a wing can often be intimidating, considering each eye can potentionaly end up looking entirely different to the one you’ve just spent a good 10 minutes on. I occasionally still have those days however, I have noticed that when I’m in a 10 minute-makeup rush I find myself doing either a faint or thick line of eyeliner.
It’s a simple yet quick way to give shape to the eyes without having to add eyeshadows to bring definition.
This is how I do my go-to wing!
I had just ran out of my NYX Matte Liquid Eyeliner, so I instead went for a Black cream Eyeshadow. Gel eyeliners are optional, but I just went with what I had in my makeup bag. I then took a flat angled synthetic brush and made a line on my lids, literally following the extension of my eye.
- It’s often likely that using a black cream eyeshadow will not give you an opaque finish, this means that if you mess it up you can quickly remove your mistake with ease without getting it messy.
Once I had the shape I wanted (I made my liner quite thick) I then took a wipe and cleaned off excess product from the same angled brush and dipped it into a black eyeshadow.
- Now following the same direction as if you’re lining your eyes again, you set the cream with the black shadow.
This may sound a little tricky but I swear this method has made my liner process a lot easier. Using eyeshadow to define eyeliner helps it blend into the style of your makeup nicely. The intensity of black eyeshadow automatically makes an impact whilst looking effortless.
I finished off with a generous coat of mascara and made my liner stand out by powdering right underneath the liner with a pale shadow.
- SKIN: Without being too heavy, I complimented the eyes by simply bringing back dimension to the face and covering where needed.
For a full blog post on my natural skin makeup routine, you can click here.
- LIPS: Since the eyes were already quite bold, I opted for a neutral looking beige tone. I like to use a traditional lipstick and blend it in to form a stain, I then go in with a bit of concealer on my ring finger and dab the product on top of my lips to give me the perfect nude shade.
- What’s the best method you’ve found to do your eyeliner/eyeshadow?
- Have you tried this technique before and/or if not, will you be giving this a go?
Let me know what you think in the comments!
I hope this look adds a little inspo to your looks this summer, the thick liner look is one of my top favourites to re-create when I feel like mimicking a feline shape to my eyes.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this post n_n
Lots of love,